Clear all

Upgrade stock TS1200r

21 Posts
3 Users
3 Likes
Topic starter
(@arjan_1980)
Eminent Member

I am in the process of upgrading my recently purchased vmoto soco, I will place a bigger battery pack, a sabvoton SVMC72150 controller, so I have some extra juice if i want to replace the hub motor.

I have bought a battery pack from a niu scooter same voltage slightly highter Ah rating, this will go in parallel with the stock Super soco battery. Also I have bought two super soco 60v43Ah batteries, I actually have no idea from wich model these are. Anyway these batteries will give me a good action ratio but slightly less max current.

When I get the controller during the week I will post some pictures from the installation.

20 Replies
 mk2r
(@mk2r)

Those looks like panasonic NCR cells, same type of text on them, if the have a black tip at the + end they probably are, i think i can read NCR on one of the cells if u zoom in. good for 10A per cell.

How did it go with the controller upgrade? I am curious! 

Topic starter
(@arjan_1980)
Eminent Member

I have finished the fitment of the controller, I ordered a sabvoton but they send me a kelly instead, I don;t want to wait for it to ship back and then get another so fitted the kelly controller.

Fitment is rather easy, i needed to spice one wire of the original loom, the yellow wire (is live when switching on the bike with the button), for the rest I repinned the connectors, I made some extension cables and made a new loom for this. I have to say I am running a diagnostic workshop for electric and ice cars. So i have all the tools and equipment laying on the shelf, like crimping tools, wires and so on. 

The bike is having so much potential now, top speed is not much changed but the acceleration is so much better, the bike speeds up like crazy, and iI have not even tweaked the settings yet, so maybe I can get more out of it. 

The second battery fits really nice next to the original super soco battery.

mk2r
(@mk2r)

Well topspeed shouldn't change much really if you don't increase the voltage, but more amps gives u better acceleration, and that's what makes it fun 😀

Well i am going to look at a soco ts tomorrow, i'll probably buy it thou, the price isn't that bad but if i can haggle some im going to be even happier.

I will go 21S and as many P as i can. if i can manage to get at least 70-80A nominal output i am happy with that, and if u can fit 2 batteries in there at 17S9P original, a 21S14P is about the same or even less amount of cells so it should fit 

Topic starter
(@arjan_1980)
Eminent Member

Keep in mind that if you have a higher voltage on the secondary battery it will charge up the original. I really happy with the niu battery its such a nice fit and the cost nearly nothing second hand.

I am looking into the speed issue, voltage is not the factor, its a frequency controlled system, it could be the coil distance and the residual field keeping it down, thats why the sabvoton has field weekening option in it.

I have changed the battery connection, i did not like the connector being under stress. 

Page 1 / 3