Clear all

My 2021 TC Max.

120 Posts
19 Users
12 Likes
18.4 K Views
NickPD99
(@nickpd99)

I programmed my TC Max and set the parameters to match yours, 2 weeks later the bike wouldn’t drive, the display lost all connection, showing 0,s. What I’m trying to figure out is what caused it. I don’t know if it was because the parameters were charged. I changed the display now everything is working but now it wont go giving it throttle. BMS is fine it works in another bike, I figure somethings fried in the controller. I am thinking of running a second controller in junction just for the motor.

1 Reply
PetesScaleFabShop
(@petesscalefabshop)

Trusted Member

@nickpd99, Sorry to hear that you have had problems, since reprogramming your controller. 

The first thing I thought when you mention that it all works but doesn't go when the throttle is twisted, was that mine did something similar before I started messing about with the controller settings and it was the kickstand switch. I fixed mine by cutting the cable to the switch and joining the wires together to trick the controller into thinking the kickstand was up. Might be worth a look before spending out on a new controller.

(@flyingelectric)
Estimable Member

Pete

Nive ride you've gotten

BMS shuts down battery earlier the worse a cell group differs from the rest. That is one of the safety features.

Good or bad. Good so that your bike doesn't turn into flames but bad that you can't use it if it does.

Could be something else as you described as well.

Bypass would be the best so that lights speedo n all would go out in worst case scenario if original battery goes out

Maybe it wasn't the case but if your bike has LG M26 I'd say 100% cells are bad and just going to ge worse.

Bypass would be a way to go and skip Battery voltage indication. I use 74v and bike works fine. ts on tc motor and shuntmodded controller.

Drives like a sharm. 85km/h max. Keeps top speed up hills!

I still have to try another cellgroup to se if I can up voltage and so to say top speed and acceleration as well.

(@tonyb)
Eminent Member

After disconnecting and reconnecting the balance connector the bike is dead, anybody know the reset procedure for the original c4s9cpsa14 bms? Cells are balanced and battery is 72V. 

(@prestige)

Hello I also changed the controller, battery and chain drive in my tc max but I have a problem with the settings. The controller is a FAR ND72530 and the battery is a 72v 132ah LG66ah x 2. At full load the motor starts vibrating at 50/h and loses power. A friend who assembles the Votol steronics says it's the fault of the steronics.

1 Reply
PetesScaleFabShop
(@petesscalefabshop)

Trusted Member

@prestige I have a very slight vibration in the motor at around 30mph (50kmh), intially it was quite severe, but by slightly reducing the power % around the motor rpm that this speed occurs I have minimized it and not really lost any performance.

I am interested in the chain conversion, what parts did you use?

PetesScaleFabShop
Topic starter
(@petesscalefabshop)
Trusted Member

Not done an update on the TC Max for far too long, so.......

I am still running the stock battery with the BMS bypassed so far with no issues. 

I have now upgraded the tires to some Michelin Pilot Street II's 110/70/17 on the front and 140/70/17 on the rear. which ride so much nicer than the stock tires and provide a lot more grip.

The ECU is now a Fardriver 72530 programmed to give 320A line current and 500amp phase current, which has given a further nice increase in performance as the extra current (220 ish amps over stock) makes the acceleration much better 😀 and with the large diameter rear tire max speed is up to a very respectable 70-75mph (GPS verified). 

Lastly I moved the ignition switch from the tank down to the side panel where the stock charge socket lives adn fitted a panel mount EC-60 as a charge socket.

I now have some plans in the works to further improve the handling by fitting a fully adjustable rear shock, new fully adjustable fork legs and a new front brake combo. If all goes well this should happen over the Easter weekend (I am just waiting on a couple of parts to arrive.)

Here is a shot of the bike as it currently sits. 

Page 4 / 7