Decalibrated instrument cluster
Hi everyone,, especially TC and TC Max owners.
Mine is a TC with just 500km. I derestricted (just for curiosity) and restricted back to max 45km/h.
Yesterday while riding the speedometer on instrument cluster decalibrated by itself and started to show odd velocity.
In one moment the speed in 1st gear showed me 40km/h (which normally should be 25km/h). I stopped the bike and the speed indicator, instead of going to 0, stopped at 30km/h.
I turned the bike off/on. The indicator is recalibrated at every switch on of the bike, so it went to 0km/h. Then continued to ride and when I arrived home, the same problem: 30km/h shown on instrument cluster while the bike was already stopped and parked.
- anyone else had the same issue?
- if yes, did you solved by yourself or had to ask the dealer to repair/change unde warranty?
- is the instrument cluster broken, or just temporarily and side effect of heat or water? (It's a rainy period, thr bike does not stay dirrectly into the rain, but it's a big humidity outside).
Try to start the soco, and if the functions of the display are checked turn of your soco, there’s a bug in the system that lets the needle stay at its place when you turn off the soco. If you turn the soco on for the second time the needle will be pushed to the max and the motor of the needle will run a bit longer... and will go to zero. It worked for me!
- push the on button
- push the off button when the needle is high in the checksum the needle will stay high.
- again push the on button and wait when the needle comes down
Let me hear if it works!
After about one week my issue with the speedometer proves to be persistent.
After every ride I have the problem, or better said after every switch OFF/ON.
More exactly I increase the speed and the speedometer increases accordingly. But when I reduce, the speedometer remains or goes down much less than ot should be.
I "reached" on instrument cluster 70-80 km/h in 1st gear 🙂
Here is a picture with the speedometer when stationary.
Any idea how to fix it?
I just made two videos with my IC and how the indicator behaves:
I received the new display (instrument cluster) from my dealer ( he's 500km away from where I live) after about 1 month since I reported the problem.
So I started to change it by myself... removed a lot of screws, finally reached the display and also removed the plugs. Short story, after about 2 hours I managed to remove the old display and put back the new one. Everything is like new, works perfect and shows the correct speed. And moat important all screws are in their places, no screw left unused 😀
Some pictures below.
As a conclusion it's easy to change stuff... the difficult part is with electronic parts which cannot be repaired, only exchanged, and have to wait since many parts are not in stock.