Site icon

Forum

Im thinking of buyi...

Notifications
Clear all

Im thinking of buying a used Super Soco TS1200 What should i know.

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 Eetu
Topic starter
(@eetu)

It has over 7000 kilometres and its 2020 model. Should I be worried about something and what should I look at when I go buy it. 

5 Replies
(@tuomo77)

Hi,

I think you need to check out the service manual (service stamps etc. notes) and check the battery condition. Electric engine (Bosch) don't just "scuff", but check general outfit of the SuperSoco. I don't think 7000km is much for this kind of machine.

(@tomka22)

I just bought similar bike, after short test ride. It gained speed well over 60km/h on the speedo. Slightly ”tuned”? 

3 Replies
(@tomka22)

What’s the ”R” after model name TS1200? My Soco TS was registered in 4/2020 but in the bike’s spare key box was a card where manufacture date is in 2018. Are these old models sold in Europe from 2018 up to 2020?
Has anyone found shorter foot peg supports?

Now the foot peg position is like in sport bike, very rear-set. The adjusting system is strange and very limited.  

(@tomka22)

The tyres are made in 2018 at week 48. That pretty much confirms the production year in 2018.  What about other’s TS Socos? Also from year 2018? 

m66
(@m66)

Estimable Member

@tomka22 So... in older versions they fit smaller tires than speedo was set up for so it shows you 15% higher speed than it's really doing. Sadly it's hard to fit properly sized tire without making custom locker plates (130/70). So the 60on the clock is circa 50 in reality. Both TS and TC have the same engine and despite that one was marketed as 3kW bike both have 1200W on the builder plate. Good to have phone with GPS speedo mounted on the handlebars 😉

There are aftermarket mounting plates and footpegs that have a little more options. I ended up deleting the stock mounts and bolted MX footrest to the frame thru the last position on lower mounting point. Also stock mounts are very easy to bend and almost impossible to straighten afterwards.  

Also if everything on your bike tells you 2018 that is was build date, in 2021 they changed software in the controller and bikes were factory locked to 45km/h on speedo. 

Exit mobile version