Common Problems on TC
Greetings from New Zealand!
I'm about to pull the trigger on a TC.
What are the most common issues that have been encountered ( and possibly fixed under warranty if applicable ) ?
Is the Battery Cable melting a common issue? or isolated to a few bikes?
I just discovered that my cable has melted in the the battery. I will see if it’s warranty or not. Besides that the range will be lower in my experience when the connector is molten.
overall I don’t have many problems with my TS.
My TC has also done this. The battery socket, plug and main lead going to the bike used to get very warm too.
Ive since replaced the plug and socket with an XT60 connector (yellow one inside battery) and everything is now stone cold when I’m riding ??
one possible solution to the molten connectors is using a battery paralleler which cuts the current to half, the heat to a quarter (~I^2).
I also encountered with our 2 Super Soco TCs the following problems:
- the front brake is noisy or very noisy on both our TCs, it is very annoying
- one of our 4 batteries encountered "error 88" (low temperature failure). Reading the french forum (mysupersoco.fr), I discovered that I am not alone with this error. It is due to a faulty BMS / temperature sensor. My dealer has also indicated to me that this is a common issue.
- the standard charger is extremely slow and only good for overnight charging or place-of-work charging.
- the mirrors break easily on touching or with frost, one of our 4 mirrors is broken
- the foot rests lose their plastic plugs within one week
- it is difficult / very difficult to insert the 2nd battery on both our TCs but after some training you will learn the right angle. Common problem.
- the power interconnector melted on one of our TCs because the cable was not well fixed. This is a common problem also in the French forum
- there is a limited rust problem
- the motor is 1900 W mechanical (60V * 40 A * 90% DC/AC converter * 90% motor efficiency), not 3000 W. And the torque is 110 Nm, not 150. And the hill angle is 21-23%, not 30%.
- think of a realistic range of 1 hour of full speed trip/battery
- it is very difficult to get spare parts.
- regeneration braking does not work on our TCs.
Thank you so much for the summary mate!
I can live with *some* of the above annoyances 🙂
Does the BMS problem happen to all bikes on just limited to a small percentage?
The loose connector problem sounds widespread, so I assume it's just common sense/good practise to firmly reinsert after reinserting the battery.
In regards to the rust issue, again I guess it's good practice to keep it in a garage or with a weather proof cover. And perhaps some regular silicone application to exposed metallic would help?
1900w @ 110nm only? Is this not false advertising? I wonder what the actual specs are for the soon to be released Max model.
So the also advertised regenerative braking does not work at all?